How To: Pair Your Headphones, Earbuds to your Nintendo SwitchUpdated a year ago
Nintendo Switch Headphones
If you have been wondering how to connect wireless headphones to Nintendo Switch, well now you finally can pair your Bluetooth headphones to your Nintendo Switch without using an adapter. Use your JLab True Wireless Bluetooth headphones as your switch headset.
How to use headset on switch?
When trying to connect your bluetooth headphones to Nintendo Switch make sure you are on the system's 13.0 firmware to allow for easy pairing to bluetooth. Once you have your headphones for Nintendo Switch ready follow these steps:
- Make sure your Nintendo Switch is only connected to two wireless controllers
- Set your bluetooth headphones or wireless earbuds to their pairing mode.
- For JLab Earbuds:
- Open the case and remove the pull tab and take the earbuds out of the charging case
- Once they are out - one earbud blinks blue and white indicating that they are ready to pair to your device
- For JLab Headphones:
- Press and hold power button for 10 seconds. Release.
- Light will blink red and blue near the foam ear pad to indicate pairing mode.
- Navigate to System Settings in your Nintendo Switch by going to the homepage of the console and selecting the gear icon
- Scroll down the menu on the left side of the screen to the "Bluetooth Audio" Section
- On the right side of the screen select "Pair Device" to search for available bluetooth headphones or earbuds
- Select your headphones or earbuds name to connect to your Nintendo Switch
Does Nintendo Switch Have a Headphone Jack?
Yes, the Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo Switch Lite both have a 3.5mm headphone jack at the top of the console.
In order to use voice chat or use the microphone on your headphones, you will have to use a wired headphone set with a dongle with a microphone. This is because connecting to bluetooth automatically disables the microphone on your headset.
Does PS5 Headset Work on Switch?
Yes, the PS5 Headset does work on the Nintendo Switch. The easiest way to connect is through the headphone jack at the top of the console, as that is the only way to use the microphone on your headset.
If your PS5 Headset has bluetooth capabilities, you can also connect to your Nintendo Switch using the steps above, but keep in mind you will not be able to chat using the microphones.
Does the Nintendo Switch have a Microphone?
The Nintendo Switch does not have a built in microphone or voice chat. However, getting Nintendo Headphones with Mic can help you get around this issue. Digital Trends named the JLab Play Gaming Wireless Headset one of the Best Nintendo Switch Headsets for 2021 and the Best Nintendo Switch Headset Overall. You can use these headphones either wired to be able to use the microphone, or through bluetooth if you are only listening to the audio. Ready to start gaming? Check out our gaming headphones and earbuds.